Sound Effects End User Licence Agreement
Terms and Conditions
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects royalty free audio files (referred to herein as ‘Products’ or ‘Product’) are sold to you with a lifetime non-transferable worldwide licence for synchronisation and master rights only. By accepting Products, you acknowledge and agree to the stated terms, conditions and limitations of use. In the event of a breach of this Licence Agreement, action may be taken against you directly by the owner of the copyright. (Licensor). The Products must be purchased directly from De Wolfe or one of its authorised Distributors. Unauthorised resale of the Products is prohibited. Any sale or transfer of licence may only be permitted if authorised in writing by Licensor.
You have the right to modify the audio content from the Products in length, pitch and/or format as required for use; to synchronise the audio content from the Products with audio and/or visual productions or applications such as film, video, DVD and TV productions – training, marketing and trade show presentations – corporate videos and educational applications – on hold messages and advertising – radio presentations and commercials – television presentations and commercials – live performances – speech and audio book products – Web pages and multimedia presentations – Online and live streaming and video broadcast sites such as Youtube – Social Media such as Facebook and Twitter – PowerPoint productions – interactive programs and computer games and synchronised content for Apps – AV and computer generated displays, podcasts (all such applications hereinafter referred to as ‘The Production’. You may create copies of the Production. If you sell, lease, give away or otherwise distribute copies of the Production, the rights and limitations to De Wolfe and Sound Ideas synchronised audio content as outlined in the End User License Agreement are in effect for the life of the Production and pass automatically to the End User of the Production. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Copyright infringement is a serious offence. De Wolfe and Sound Ideas protects its copyright by all necessary means, including legal action. You are not authorised to:
- Make copies of any of the unsynchronised recordings contained within the Products, except as may be designated to a single stand alone workstation for the sole purpose of specific audio and / or visual synchronisation at your own facility. You are only licensed to keep one copy of the audio content on one stand alone workstation at any given time unless otherwise directly licensed by Sound Ideas.
- Copy, duplicate, provide access to, sell, lease, loan or give away unsynchronised sounds from the Products by any means including the World Wide Web, streaming audio or any delivery method now known or which shall become known.
- Transfer, re-record, copy or duplicate the Products or their content, in whole or in part for any purpose not authorised under this End User License Agreement without express written authorisation from de Wolfe. You may not transfer any Product, in whole or in part, electronically or via any peer to peer file sharing program, FTP site service bureau operation, DRS, computer network or in any way not expressly allowed by De Wolfe and Sound Ideas.
- Provide remote access to unsynchronised sounds from the Products to any location remote from your licensed address without a valid Remote Access License issued directly to you for this specific purpose by De Wolfe or Sound Ideas
- Provide sounds from the Products as mobile telecom audio content such as ring tones, ring back tones, soundscapes, multimedia messaging services (MMS), voice messaging, audio enhancements, greeting mail services, or other content applications now known or which shall become known without a valid license issued directly to you for this specific purpose by de Wolfe or Sound Ideas.
- Provide the Products in whole or in part as unsynchronised content within other mobile communications or entertainment applications such as iTunes Apps, or as unsynchronised content offered in software packages.
- Provide the Products in whole or in part within retail toys, electronic sampling products or program chips.
- Sell or otherwise dispose of computers, hard drives or discs or any other electronic storage media which contains the Products unless all the Products have been deleted. All Products maintained on any computers, hard drives, discs or any other electronic storage media must be deleted before the transfer or sale of any computer, hard drive or disc that contains any Products.
- Sounds identified on the De Wolfe or Sound Ideas web sites as Restricted Sound Effects require separate licensing from a third party.
All Sound Effects downloads purchased from our website are non-refundable unless faulty.
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas warrants that your use of Sound Ideas sound effects in accordance with this Licence does not infringe on any third party proprietary rights.
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas accept no responsibility for any loss of business or business profits resulting directly or indirectly from the performance of any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects. De Wolfe and Sound Ideas’ liability is limited and restricted solely to replacement at no charge of the De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects in question.
Your purchase of any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas product (CD, DVD, Download, Individual Track or Hard Drive) grants you a lifetime non-transferable worldwide licence for synchronization rights only. You are allowed to create a single working copy of all sounds contained within the product to store as a backup.
Every purchase of a De Wolfe or Sound Ideas product includes permission for you to access the sounds from up to 2 workstations installed at 1 address location (Onsite). A licence is required, but there is no fee.
If you are going to access the sounds from 3 or more on-site workstations, or if you are going to access the sounds from a workstation located at more than one physical address location (remote sites), you need a multi-user licence.